my li'l gal is growing up...

*sniffles*... we have been co-sleeping for almost coming to 2 years now - and it is only a matter of time to move our li'l gal to her own room/space. our bedroom/bed now feels empty w/o her - strange even! but with my growing need for space and that impending arrival of #2, better now than later! afterall, i read that its common for #1 to feel insecure and regress when #2 arrives so i want to give her plenty of lead time. its been almost one week (we started on mon) since she started to 'sleep on her own' - the first 3 nights, i slept in her room with her and for the past 3 nights, i returned to my own room once she fell asleep but went back to sleep with her around 6+ in the morning so that she still 'wakes up with me'. i simply cannot explain the joy that i derive from getting her hugs and kisses when she awakes in the morning - its not as if she doesn't hugs and kiss me during the day but her big, lovely smile, the first thing in the morning, just brightens up my day!



recently, many people have been asking me if i am still breastfeeding so once and for all - yes! i am... and i don't intend to wean off li'l one until she is ready and i'm even prepared to nurse both my babies together (yes, #1 is still my baby and will always be - only a parent will understand that). at the same time, i am also prepared to end my nursing journey with her if she wants to - i've started giving her fresh goat milk as an alternative - while she is willing to drink it, she still prefers nursing so for now, i'll just keep going... no matter how tired i am or how sore i feel - i will not shortchange her in any way - because she is my dearest baby!

Comments

Jane said…
Michele,
I don't have a practical plan to break my current co-sleeping arrangement. Am thinking whether I can co-sleep with both Kaizer and the new bb when he/she arrives. Hmm ...
aBs_vOdka said…
jane, i just don't have enough space, even with a king sized bed! if i wanna co-sleep with both of them, then i'll need to get a baby cot to 'extend' my bed!

Popular posts from this blog

i've been blessed...

food supplement

strawberry milk?