Week 38

Today marks the completion of 38 weeks of this pregnancy - at last Thurs' visit, my total weight gain has reached 4.8kg and #4 is estimated to be 3.3kg. Unfortunately, she is back on the tranverse lie position this week and DR is insisting that I choose a date for scheduled c-sect as it is not a position that would allow me to deliver her vaginally. After delivering 3 babies vaginally, you can imagine how unwilling I am to undergo a c-sect. I've been spending quite a fair bit of time reading up on how I can get her to turn before that and I have until next Thurs to try and make that happen. If she is in the correct position on Thurs, then DR will want to admit me and carry out the induction before she changes position again. At this juncture, I would much prefer to be induced than to undergo a c-sect. I have to say that we are more or less (more than less) ready for baby - we've got almost all the things we need for her - new car, car seat, diapers, clothings, sling, baby carrier, breast pump, milk bottles... oh, just need that baby bath tub... we should probably go looking for it this weekend.

On a side note, there has been nagging thoughts in my head about someone telling me that I would die at age 40, due to childbirth. I can't remember who this person was but I clearly remember this statement. So is the baby's "wrong" position a sign that this statement will come true? I truly hope not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i've been blessed...

food supplement

strawberry milk?